Project Finish it Up: August 2011

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

project finish it up
Today's post is a little different as compared to my usual haul post. You might be wondering, what is Project Finish it Up? Well, simply put, it features the products that I have finished for the month. It is actually the opposite of a haul.

As you know, I love getting and trying out new products but I never really had the discipline to finish using a product before opening another. Hence, I decided to start a Project Finish it Up so that I could finish the products which I have already opened before opening new ones.

It is almost every beauty junkie's dream to finish a product because that simply means that you have gotten back your money's worth. I don't know about you but its that sense of satisfaction that I feel when I finished using a product.

Upon finishing these 5 products, I also discovered a few HG products. Of which, I have mentioned some before.

project finish it up products that hit pan

1. Hada Labo Super Hydraluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion

I don't suppose this needs any further explanation for I have covered this lotion in quite a few posts. Remember to pat the lotion onto your face using your palm instead of using cotton pads to swipe it for maximum effectiveness.

I intend to try out the whitening lotion from Hada Labo the next time I run out of lotion.

Rating: 5/5

*Note that I seldom give a product full marks, hence that goes to show how much I love Hada Labo!

Repurchase: Yes

2. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E

Although I love how moisturizing this body butter is and how good it smells, I felt that its a little too strong for the day and that it might clash with the scent of my perfume.

I would reserve this for night time usage as its quite good for moisturizing my lower thigh which can be a little dry at times.

Word of caution: Do wear pajamas or long pants when you apply this body butter.

Rating: 4/5

Repurchase: Maybe
3. Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel

After so many years, I am still very much in love with this gel moisturizer from Sebamed. Its not oily and even calms down any redness. When my acne was rather bad last time, I used it everyday. Now that my face is in a better condition, I only use this when I have outbreaks to tame those unsightly spots as well as to subside the redness. It still does its job well after so many years.

Rating: 5/5

Repurchase: Yes

4. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

I believe I have purchased at least 3 or more bottles of Tea Tree Oil from The Body Shop. If you were to ask me if its really the best, well my answer would be no. If so, why did I repurchase it? In terms of the price that you pay, I think it does fine but not till the extent of it being a wonderful product. I got it because its readily available in all branches and partly because every time I want to get Derma e Tea Tree and E Oil, it is not available.

Between the two, I would say that I prefer Derma e Tea Tree and E Oil as it contains Vitamin E Oil which helps to lighten post-acne marks/scars.

Rating: 3.5/5

Repurchase: Maybe
5. Biore UV Moist Face Milk

You know I have been focusing on skincare lately and I haven't really been wearing much makeup unless I have dinner or am meeting up with friends. Just the other day, I went out with only sunblock, I applied the Biore UV Moist Face Milk, D and J commented that the condition of my skin is very good. I was like so happy because it goes to show that my efforts did pay off, although I don't really agree it is good as I think that it can be even better.

Anyway, this sunblock doesn't feel greasy which I like. Its quite moisturizing too. When you first apply it, its rather matte but after a little, it makes your face look a little dewy. As I have combination skin, I only need to blot my nose area once for the whole day.

Oh yes, girls, you ought to remember to double cleanse your face even though you only applied sunblock for the day so that you won't get clogged pores.

Repurchase: Yes

I hope you like this post! Thanks for reading.

Love,
Patricia

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook