Double Cleansing

Thursday, May 26, 2011

A while ago, my skin therapist told me that it is very important to double cleanse everyday, especially if I had makeup on that day. I'm not sure about you girls but I have been double cleansing religiously for as long as I remember. I went on to tell her that I read somewhere that double cleansing is especially popular in Japan and she told me that it is in fact popular in almost every country in Asia.

Still not convinced? Even Actor Woong double cleanse as shown in KBS2TV Happy Sunday - 1 night 2 days which reminded viewers of Lee Seung Gi.

For those of you whom are not familiar with double cleansing, read on to find out more.

What is double cleansing?

Double cleansing is normally done in the evening or at night. It consists of two steps.

The first step being using makeup remover (cleansing oil, cleansing gel or cleansing milk) to remove excess oil and makeup while massaging your face to promote blood circulation. After which, rinse your face.

Next, using a face wash net, lather your regular facial cleanser until you work out a foam before washing your face with it. Massage entire face with cleanser before rinsing it off with water.

The idea behind the term double cleansing is such that it incorporates two steps to cleanse the face or rather, cleansing the face twice.

After double cleansing, make sure you apply toner/lotion and moisturizer to complete your skincare routine.

Why double cleanse?

Double cleansing is the key to clean and glowing skin. If done regliously, it promotes radiant and healthy looking skin.

When should you double cleanse?

Everyday. Or at the very least, the days when you put on makeup or apply sunblock. Its is important to remove sunblock with makeup remover to prevent clogged pores.

Is double cleansing suitable for all skin types?

I have combination skin and I think that double cleansing works well for me. Those with oily skin should double cleanse too to remove the excess sebum or oil. However, those with normal skin should not double cleanse that often as they would risk making their skin drier.

I hope you girls like this post! Thanks for reading.

Love,
Patricia

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook