Neogence: Extremely Off-heads Serum and Mineral Micro-scrub Exfoliating Cream [Review]

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Neogence Extreme Pore-reducing serum, Neogence Mineral Micro-scrub exfoliating cream and 
Neogence Extremely off-heads serum

I have been using Neogence Extremely off-heads serum and Neogence Mineral Micro-scrub exfoliating cream for a while since I received them from Neogence Pore Solution Launch that I attended last year and I thought its time that I review them. 

I remember at Neogence Pore Solution Launch event, Charlene was asking me if I have tried any products from Neogence  before. Being an avid fan of the Taiwan beauty variety show, 女人我最大 (Nu Ren Wo Zui Da / Queen), how can I miss out on seeing Neogence products being featured in there? Not to mention that  Neogence is recommended by skincare guru and expert, 牛爾 (Niu Er).

Here's the two products that I have tried from Neogence prior to the event itself.

Neogence Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Make Up Serum



If I didn't remember it wrongly, I got this after seeing it in a copy of 人我最大 (Nu Ren Wo Zui Da / Queen) magazine. I have seen a lot of Taiwan bloggers blogging about how they swear by this product. 

Basically, this is to be applied after toner and before applying sunblock and makeup. It helps to moisturize your skin and preps it for makeup application so that your makeup won't look like its going to crack anytime, more so for people whom use powder makeup. 

The second product that I got from Neogence is  -

Neogence Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Mask



Did I mention that I love facial masks? I used to rotate between hydrating ones and whitening ones. Now that my skin gets dry and flake at times, I tend to steer clear of whitening or brightening masks so anything moisturizing or hydrating would catch my attention. 

Neogence Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Mask is not bad if not for the fact that it ain't quite wallet-friendly (SGD $2.95/pc). Click here to read my review on Neogence Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Mask.

Back to the review of the products that I received from Neogence Pore Solution Launch event. I know I tend to sidetrack a lot but I just wanted to share as much information with you all (sharing is caring, haha). 

Neogence Extremely Off-heads Serum 



If you must know, I have got a really oily and shiny nose that no amount of blotters would help. On top of that, I have got blackheads too and I absolutely hate the sight of them. 

I'm not sure when's the last time you found a holy-grail product and if you remember how excited and happy you felt back then. As a beauty blogger, I like to discover new skincare and make up but what excites me most would be - discovering holy grail products! For a full list of products that I deem as holy grail products, check out this link.

Back to my review on Neogence Extremely Off-heads Serum, I have tried a couple of pore reducing serums from different brands before and they don't seem to quite work for me. Even if they did reduce the pore size on my nose, it wasn't something that I could wear under my make up in the day. 

Although Neogence Extremely Off-heads Serum's primary purpose is to reduce blackheads and whiteheads on the T-zone and chin area, I find that it actually works in reducing the size of my pores on my nose and cheeks area near my nose where the size of my pores tend to be larger than the rest of my face. I usually rub Neogence Extremely Off-heads Serum onto my nose in circular motions after removing my blackheads with those regular pore strips and applying toner.  What I like about Neogence Extremely Off-heads Serum is that it can be used under makeup too. As recommended by professional dermatologist, Dr Hung Chin-Chun at Neogence Pore Solution Launch, I normally apply Toner > Neogence Extremely Off-heads Serum > Neogence Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Make Up Serum before sunblock, followed by makeup. I could really tell the difference when I use Neogence Extremely Off-heads Serum and when I don't. When I use Neogence Extremely Off-heads Serum, I don't have to blot my nose as often as when I don't. I'm actually quite bothered by the fact that my nose is always shiny! You know the Christmas carol goes, "Rudolph, the red nose reindeer, had a very shiny nose.." That applies to for me, "Patricia have a very shiny nose". -.- But well, at least now you know which product helps to keep the shininess or oiliness at bay!

Neogence Mineral Micro-scrub Exfoliating Cream



Neogence Mineral Micro-scrub Exfoliating Cream is from Neogence's deep cleansing series. This is not quite your usual scrub in terms of texture. It reminds me very much of kaolin clay mask or mousse with scrub bits. 

The scrub bits in Neogence Mineral Mirco-scrub Exfoliating Cream are larger than most facial scrubs in the market. Thus making it not that gentle when used on the face. However, I'm pretty neutral about the fact that the scrub bits in Neogence Mineral Mirco-scrub Exfoliating Cream since it didn't leave any scratches behind on my face. 

While Neogence Mineral Mirco-scrub Exfoliating Cream doesn't smell the best, I like the fact that it makes my skin smoother and softer after using it. I have also observed slight brightening effects just right after the first use! 

Though I haven't tried Neogence Extreme Pore-Reducing Serum out yet, I'm pretty sure that it won't disappoint. Will keep you all updated on whether it works a not after I have tried it out. 

Here are some pictures taken at Neogence Pore Solution Launch itself.


Dr Hung Chin-Chun sharing about Neogence

Skincare and massage techniques demonstration by Dr Hung Chin-Chun

I hope you find this post useful. Thanks for reading! 

Love,
Patricia 

To be notified of the latest beauty news, launches or events, follow me on or like SweetestSins on

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook