Hair Makeover Session at the New Shunji Matsuo Hair Studio

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Photobucket

Last Saturday, I headed over to Shunji Matsuo Hair Studio over at Ngee Ann City for a hair makeover. It was just in time because I was getting sick of my current hairstyle.

Upon reaching there, I was given a tour of the new Shunji Matsuo Hair Studio, Ngee Ann City. 

There are lockers for you to keep your bags/valuables. 


I think this is very thoughtful, I mean who likes to lug your bag or clutch around while moving from your seat to the shampoo area? I didn't leave my bag in the locker though because as a beauty blogger, I have to have my camera, iPhone with me at all times to take photos, instagram, tweet so that I can provide you all with the latest information. 

This is the VIP waiting area as well as the training area for the stylists.

Photobucket

Cutting area..

Hair shampooing area..


There's also a treatment area where I had my treatment done which I didn't managed to take a picture of because I left my camera and phone at my seat over at the cutting area. ): Basically, its very much like the shampoo area. Imagine lying down while having your treatment done! Its so pampering and relaxing, no? In fact, I did snooze off for a little while while having my treatment done. Great power nap to charge myself up before heading out after my hair makeover!

Since all of us had a virtual tour of the new Shunji Matsuo Hair Studio, its time to witness my hair makeover. 

Here's how my hair looks like before the hair makeover. 

BEFORE

Photobucket

Look at the roots! Yikes. Its growing out and it looks so ugly. ): Come to think of it, I last dyed my hair over at Shunji Matsuo Hair Salon @ 313 in December last year. Judging from the picture below, it seems that my hair barely grew a few inches. Ah, why does my hair grow so slow? ):

Photobucket

Initially, I wanted to try perming my hair but after going through a few pictures and talking to my stylist, Nao, I decided to go for a color job instead. I told her that I like C-curls and she told me that C-curls can be achieved easily with curling tong. A perm usually gives more tight curls. Guess I'm still not gamed enough to try perming my hair. But I swear I'm gonna try it at least once!
Here's a picture of my hair post- color job, before my haircut. 

Photobucket

Nao asked if I want to keep my hair length and I went, "Yes! I want." I want to grow my hair out till it reaches my waist and then I will go for a short bob. She trimmed my fringe to frame my face and a bit at the back and this is how the final result looks like!

AFTER

Photobucket

She curled the ends of my hair too which I love! These are called C-curls.

Photobucket

Ending this post with a picture of my stylist of the day, Nao-san and me.

Photobucket

Yvonne-san was saying that I look like a doll after my hair makeover. She's too kind. As you can see from the picture above, the color is a lighter brown compared to my previous color. I like the fact that I can trust Shunji Matsuo stylists to choose the color for me and that it won't end up looking weird on me and that its something that I can accept. This is very important especially my day job is such that I work  in a very conservative environment. 

I strongly recommend Nao if you girls or guys are thinking of getting a haircut. If you like my hair color or haircut, you can just show it to Nao and she can recreate the look for you. 

❤ ❤  ❤ ❤  ❤ ❤ 
LIKE SHUNJI MATSUO FACEBOOK PAGE
and receive 20% discount off with minimum spending of $100.

Shunji Matsuo Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/shunjimatsuohairstudio
❤ ❤  ❤ ❤  ❤ ❤ 

Shunji Matsuo Hair Studio 
Ngee Ann City Podium B 
391 Orchard Road 
#05-23
Singapore 238872 

Opening hours: 10am to 10pm
Tel: 6238 1522

To be notified of the latest beauty news, launches or events, follow me on or like SweetestSins on

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook