To blot or not

Sunday, January 08, 2012

I'm sure that oil blotters aren't foreign to you lovelies. I was first introduced to it during my early teens when every other girl would be seen blotting their nose or face almost everywhere around the school be it the corridor, halfway through lessons or in the ladies. In fact, it was something that creates bonding between the girls.

As I grew older, I stopped relying on oil blotters that much as my face wasn't that oily compared to when I was going through puberty. But there came a day whereby I got Kleenex oil blotters as a gift with purchase (GWP) and I started falling in love with oil blotters again.

Despite having mentioned several times before, I have got combination skin. While my cheeks is prone to dryness at times, my nose gets shiny by mid-day and I have to blot my nose at least once or maximum twice a day. It gets rather embarassing when my nose looks so shiny in photos, especially those taken with flash!

Now, the question most of us have asked ourselves umpteen of times at the back of our head - Should I really blot my face or nose with oil blotters?

Well, the answer is yes and no. Yes if you haven't had any makeup on your face on that particular day. No if you have makeup on. You should use a piece of tissue to blot away excess sebum before touching up with powder so as not to clog your pores.

I have also heard of people using paper serviettes (those that you see in Starbucks or Mcdonalds) or kitchen towels to blot their face and they claim that it works really well. A reader of mine, Jamie asked if I would recommend that and my reply was - you never know what goes behind the production of paper serviettes and kitchen towels, try it out at your own risk. For people whom have sensitive skin, its a big no-no!

Do you all use oil blotters? If you do, what do you think of them? And what's the best brand that you have tried?

Until then, I think I rather stick to my trusty tissue paper to blot away the excess oil on my nose.

Hope that you like this post. Thanks for reading.

Love,
Patricia

To be notified of the latest beauty news, launches or events, follow me on or like SweetestSins on

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook