Last week's haul & benefits of Avocado for skin

Saturday, June 18, 2011

I haven't been hauling much but these are the items that I picked up over last week. Recently, I have been rather interested in beauty products from Taiwan.


Those of you whom are familiar with the Taiwan variety show, Nu Ren Wo Zui Da would have come across the brand, Neogence as it is recommended by skincare guru/expert, Niu Er. I was checking out the new products in Sasa when I came across Neogence Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Make Up Serum which wasn't unfamiliar to me as I have seen it ample of times before in the magazine, Nu Ren Wo Zui Da. Sasa was having a 20% sale so I only paid $24.70 for it instead of the usual price, $30.90.

Later in the day, I headed to town to meet a friend where I got Koji Double Eyelid Tape as I have run out of them. They are the best that I have used so far because they look natural and it ain't as obvious as compared to other brands. Besides, they have this small excess corner which you could hold on to while positioning it on your eyelid which you could tear it out later on so that the end of the double eyelid tape would not become non-sticky. I am not sure if you girls know what I mean though.

I also picked out my favourite and the only magazine that I buy on a continuous and regular basis, Nu Ren Wo Zui Da from Kinokuniya. I was so upset that UP Magazine was out of stock again. I want it so badly because I want to try the new Palgantong BB Cream that came with it.

The last item that I got was The Face Shop Base Coat. It is the first and only base coat that I use and I love it. So far it hasn't fail me yet, hence I don't see any reason to switch brands!

Having shared my beauty haul from last week, I would like to share with you girls a beauty secret of mine - Avocados!


You might be wondering why the sudden interest in sharing about the goodness of avocados. Well, I was having lunch with my colleagues the other day and we happened to touch on the topic of avocado being a fruit that is beneficial for the skin. One of my colleague, L loves avocado milkshake as much as I do. Its quite rare that someone else apart from Y and I that love avocado milkshake because most girls think that its very fattening. While we were getting all hyped up, another colleague, W started getting curious and she asked me what were the benefits of avocado for the skin and why does it benefit our skin. I was dumbfounded. I could only answer her that it is very creamy and it contains 'good' fats.

Upon reaching home, I did some research and here it is.

Facts and benefits of Avocado

- Contains Vitamin K, Vitamin E, dietary fiber, potassium, folic acid, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and Copper
- Has moisturizing power (good for people with dry skin)
- Lowers cholesterol level
- Heals/control eczema, itchiness, red or irritated areas
- Reduce age spots, heal sun damage and scars
- Relieve dryness
- Soften skin and has moisturizing effect
- Increases amount of collagen in the skin

Ways to use Avocado

1) Eat it (Avocado salad)
2) Milkshake (Avocado + Honey + Milk)
3) Mash one whole Avocado and apply onto hair, face, back, lips, hands or feet (wherever desired)

You might ask what has avocado done for my skin? I notice that my skin does look 'plumper' whenever I have an avocado milkshake. Its available almost everywhere from Thai Express (super creamy which I like) to your neighborhood hawker centre or coffee shop at as low as $2. Go try it and let me know if it did work for you.

As always, do remember to consume it with moderation! Otherwise, don't blame me for the excess weight gained!

I hope you like this post! Thanks for reading!

Love,
Patricia

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook