Heartburn

Friday, June 11, 2010

Just thought that I would share this since I am google-ing for a cure/remedy for heartburn.

This morning I felt like I had chest pain and I wasn't very sure. But after a while, I felt that my heart is 'burning'. I didn't give much thought to it since I have been having late nights due to loads of gatherings lately which greatly deprived me of the usual 7-8 hours of sleep I need to have. Plus, I am currently embarking on a project which requires me to work directly with my manager hence experiencing stress is only normal. I was surprised that I didn't even felt hungry during lunch time and did not have much appetite.

As the pain persists, I googled and found tips on getting rid of heartburn.
  1. If you are overweight, then you need to take steps to reduce your weight which in turn reduces heartburn. Excess fat around the stomach puts pressure on the stomach which can cause the food and acid to flow back into the food pipe. This can cause irritation in food pipe.

  2. Having very large meals can cause heartburn. Try to have light meals especially in the night. Have it two to three hours before going to bed. Citric fruit juices, carbonated, caffeinated and alcoholic beverages are dangerous for heartburn sufferers.

  3. You can have soup, salad and sandwich for dinner which keeps the stomach light and helps in easy digestion. Carbohydrate and starch based foods are also good.

  4. Maintain a good posture while eating meals. Most of them eat in front of the television. They do not maintain a right posture. Always sit upright while having food.

  5. It is good to have plenty of water if you are feeling thirsty instead of going for carbonated drinks because they increase the amount of gas in the body.

  6. Drink a cup of green tea daily. The anti oxidants remove the excess gas and unwanted toxins from the body.

  7. The type of clothing you wear can also be considered as one of the factors to get rid of heartburn. Wearing tight fitting clothes around the waist puts extra pressure on the stomach and pushes the acidic contents towards the esophagus.

  8. For faster relief you can have ginger tea.

  9. It is always good to have the head in raised position while sleeping. Try placing an extra pillow under you head.

  10. Avoid smoking as it increases the acid level in the stomach.

  11. Two spoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with half cup of water can be taken to reduce heartburn.

So I came up with the conclusion that one, I might be overweight. And I might have not drank enough water for the day. Drinking green tea is not likely to help because I drink at least 3 cups of green tea everyday. So I am probably gonna try 4, 8 (but the taste of ginger irks me out totally), 9 and 11.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook