How to lose 7kg in 3 months | featuring Liquido Funky Fitness Pants

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

liquido brazil

I'm guessing that you are probably reading this post now because you googled 'how to lose weight', 'weight loss tips', 'weight loss blog', 'weight loss blogger' or even 'slimming secrets'. Well, there's actually no hard and fast rule on how to lose weight but since whenever I meet up with friends whom I haven't seen in a while or when people hear that I lost 7kg in 3 months, they go like, "Gasps, how did you managed to do it?" hence I thought I would pen this post to share how I lost 7kg in 3 months. 


1. Practice yoga
 
liquido singapore

Yoga was one of the first classes which I tried out in gym and I grew to love it. It has so much benefits which I probably won't be able to finish sharing in this post. It helps A LOT with my posture. I used to slouch a lot and because I wear heels to work on a daily basis, it is very straining on my back. Essential yoga helps a lot on perfecting my posture and it helps with coping with back ache as well. 

As a working adult, I spend most of my time on my workstation typing away which results in back ache but yoga helps to make it better. Although yoga doesn't really help with weight loss unless you are talking about hot yoga but it really helps in toning the body and giving your body the 'S' shape. Plus, I find that it helps to reduce my waist size too! 

Tip #2: Practice pilates 

liquido yoga wear

Pilates focuses a lot on strengthening core muscles. I remember my first few sessions being very intensive. In Pilates, you need not hold your poses as long as you would compared to a Yoga session but trust me, Pilates ain't easy because it focuses a lot on the core (tummy) strength and well as leg work.
 
Tip #3: Kickboxing
 
liquido yoga

I remember the first few sessions being so crazy because I couldn't keep up with the steps but I grew to love kickboxing because it makes me work out a good sweat which makes my skin glow naturally without any makeup.

Tip #4: Run at least 5km
 
liquido active yoga

If you have been following my fitness journey on SweetestSins or my Instagram, @yongwei318 closely, you would know that I try to stay on a no-sodium, no-sugar and low-carb diet as much as possible. This means that I steer clear from cakes, ice cream and MSG. I would have my veggies steamed or eat them raw. My meals consists of salads and fruits most of the time. For carbs, I usually take it in the form of sweet potato and I substitute milk with unsweetened soy milk.

I get a lot of questions like, "How do you manage to control your diet?" Its easy - I bring food to work from home.

Tip #5: No sodium

liquido yoga pants
 
Sodium causes water retention so my advice to you is to avoid sodium as much as you can. Processed food, dressing/sauces, pickles, instant noodles, snacks and fast food are some of the things that you should try to steer clear of.

Tip #6: No sugar

liquido
 
Sugar contains a whole bunch of calories with no essential nutrients.  The first step to lose weight would to be significantly cut back on your sugar consumption. Here is a list of food that is high in sugar:
- White rice
- White bread
- Soda
- Breakfast bars/cereals,
- Packaged fruit juice etc.

Tip #7: Low carb

liquido active
 
Cutting down on carbs contributed a lot to my weight loss. By cutting down my rice, bread and noodles intake, I lost even more kilograms. There was a period of time when I omitted rice, noodles, potatoes and bread altogether and I lost about 2kg per month with exercise.
 
I might not be the slimmest yet as of now but I'm happy because I managed to maintain the same weight after my weight loss even though I don't work out as much. I used to work out 3-4 times a week but now I do some stretching exercise every morning and run once a week.

If there's one thing I learnt, it has to be - Being beautiful is not about your dress size, its about how you wear your size.  
 

Price list:

Liquido Funky Fitness Pants in Vivid Blue RM250 (USD 78)

Liquido Funky Fitness Pants is available on liquido.com.my


-------------------- CONNECT WITH --------------------

Google Friend Connect Twitter @yongwei318 Instagram @yongwei318 Google+ SweetestSins Facebook page SweetestSins

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook