Origins Smarty Plants CC cream review

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

origins smarty plants skin complexion corrector review

What is it:

A color correcting formula that visibly perfects for a radiant, flawless finish.

Fuss-free formula intuitively color corrects for an even, beautiful complexion. The antioxidant infusion helps neutralize skin damaging effects of city smog and pollution, while gifting the skin with vital hydration.

Formulated without:

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Available in 2 shades - Light/Medium and Medium/Deep

 
My thoughts:

This is the 3rd CC cream that I have tried so far with the first two being Etude House CC Cream Silky and Glowy.

Origins Smarty Plants CC cream has a light citrus scent to it.


origins cc cream swatch
Origins Smarty Plants CC cream swatch (L: after 30 minutes and R: initial color)

When freshly squeezed from the tube, Origins Smarty Plants CC cream is a light beige which looks almost too light on me. But once I blend it into my skin, it becomes one or two shades darker and look more yellow which is closer to my skintone.

I left Origins Smarty Plants CC cream on my arm for half an hour to see if it oxidize a not. It does oxidize a little, about one shade but it doesn't oxidize any further.

The texture of Origins Smarty Plants CC cream reminds me of slightly whipped cream, it is very easy to blend. In terms of coverage, Origins Smarty Plants CC cream provides light coverage though it is possible to build up the coverage but be careful not to pile on too many layers or else it will look patchy.

bare skin before applying origins cc cream
Bare face (sans makeup)

before and after origins cc cream
L: Before applying Origins CC cream, R: After applying Origins CC cream 
 
after applying origins cc cream
Origins CC cream face swatch


I like how my skin looks dewy after applying Origins Smarty Plants CC cream and how natural it looks on me as if I have no makeup on (no grey cast or anything). However, it doesn't really cover the redness on the sides of my nose.  

I think that Origins Smarty Plants CC cream would suit people with either dry skin or combination skin but not people who have got oily skin as I personally have to blot my nose area at least twice when I use this CC cream.

I know of people whom use this as a makeup base before applying either BB cream or foundation but I like to use it on its own for that natural glow look.

I hope you like this post. Thanks for reading.

Love,
Patricia


Price list:

Origins Smarty Plants CC cream SGD $60


You might also be interested in:

Origins Smarty Plants CC cream review
Origins Make A Difference Plus Rejuvenating Serum review
Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask review
Origins Earth Month Party & Origins Mega-Bright Mini Facial


-------------------- CONNECT WITH --------------------

Google Friend Connect Twitter @yongwei318 Instagram @yongwei318 Google+ SweetestSins Facebook page SweetestSins

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook