Kiehls Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream review, swatch and FOTD

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

kiehls actively correcting and beautifying bb cream

What is it: 

- Fragrance free, Paraben free and Mineral oil free
- Dermatologist and allergy tested for sensitive skin
- Non-comedogenic

Ingredients list: 

Instant perfection ingredients:
- Natural Mineral Pigments (Amino acid coated iron oxides, known for their close affinity to skin, provide true color that lasts all day)
- Glycerin (A humectant that helps skin retain moisture. Within the formula, this ingredient provides all day hydration, replenishing moisture levels to enhance clarity and luminosity.)

Correction ingredients:
- Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Glucoside): A powerful antioxidant derivative known to have multiple benefits to prevent and correct skin damage when applied topically. The formula works to decrease melanin production and transfer. In vitro and in vivo proven efficacy on discoloration. Works to clarify skin tone, smooth texture and enhance radiance over time.

- UV Filters:
Homosolate/octisalate - This ingredient has a UVB absorber help to protect the skin against sunburn.
Octocrylene - This water-resistant molecule protects the skin against UVB and short UVA rays, also works to boost and stabilize UVA & UVB protection.
Titanium Dioxide - This mineral sunscreen blocks UVA and UVB rays. Encapsulated in spherical silica, this titanium provides a transparent appearance on skin, and contributes to a soft, silky texture.

My thoughts:

When I first received Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream in Light, I wasn't too excited. I don't know about you guys but I really hate it when BB creams are too light in color because they make me look too pale (not like I'm fair to begin with) and people around me would be like, "Hey Patricia, you sure you're okay? Not sick or anything?" Little did I know that Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream is available in 3 shades - fair, light and natural and light is the middle one.

It so happened that I wasn't wearing anything on my face apart from sunblock the very day I received Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream. Hence, I tried it on almost immediately and my colleague commented that it looks very natural and she couldn't tell that I had anything on because it looked as if it was my own skintone.

Here's how Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream looks like on me. I have done a half face swatch to show you my bare skin without anything apart from just toner/lotion (before) and after applying Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream.

The left side of my face is my bare face before applying Kiehl's Actiely Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream while the right side of my face is after applying BB cream.

singapore beauty blog sweetestsins by singapore beauty blogger patricia tee kiehls actively correcting & beautifying bb cream half face with bb cream and without comparison
Kiehl's BB cream half face swatch comparison
From the half face swatch above, you can tell that the right side of my face (with bb cream) look slightly brighter and has more glow.

Here's a full face swatch.

singapore beauty blog sweetestsins by singapore beauty blogger patricia tee kiehls actively correcting & beautifying bb cream after applying kiehls bb cream-small
After applying Kiehls BB cream
The consistency of Kiehls BB cream isn't exactly what you would call thin but it is easy to blend it out. In terms of coverage wise, it has got a light to medium coverage and coverage is buildable by layering on the BB cream. On regular days, I usually apply a layer of it but on days when I want more coverage, I apply two layers. 

After I started working, my face became more prone to dryness. Most of the time, I experience dryness at the sides of my forehead and it even peels at times. How frustrating, isn't it? Thus, I stopped applying loose powder on top of any BB cream or foundation that I am wearing because the last thing I want would be to emphasize on my dry patches of skin!

You would think that I have just solved a problem, but its the start of another - shiny T-zone. You see, I have got combination skin and my T-zone gets really shiny at times and it gets to me real bad. Imagine my guy cousin was telling me, "Jie (sister in Chinese), your nose is oily!" I mean, how embarassing can that get, no? I usually have to blot my nose and T-zone by the time I reach office, my travelling time is about an hour or so. I'm not saying that Kiehl's Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream helps to keep my face matte but well, at least it helps to control oiliness for a longer period of time compared to my other BB creams.

Drew my eyebrows and applied a bit of blush and lipgloss and I'm all ready to head out!

singapore beauty blog sweetestsins by singapore beauty blogger patricia tee kiehls actively correcting & beautifying bb cream after makeup lipgloss blusher and highlighter 1

singapore beauty blog sweetestsins by singapore beauty blogger patricia tee kiehls actively correcting & beautifying bb cream after makeup lipgloss blusher and highlighter

In terms of staying power, I think it does a fairly well job. I had it on since morning about 7am and I attended yoga class in the evening and managed to survive the nasty perspiration resulted from excessive stretching.

The only gripe that I have about Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream is that it does oxidize after 3-4 hours. Yes, sadly. 

Price list

Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream SPA 50/PA +++, $68.

Kiehl’s is available at

- Robinsons Raffles City
- VivoCity #01-11/12
- TANGS Beauty at TANGS Orchard
- Tampines Mall #01-29
- Takashimaya S.C., Ngee Ann City, #B1-33
- ION Orchard #B3-54
- Plaza Singapura #01-66
- Parkway Parade #01-K2
- Bugis Junction #01-13
- Great World City #01-16

To be notified of the latest beauty news, launches or events, follow me on or like SweetestSins on

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook