Merry Clinique

Thursday, December 12, 2013



Hi lovelies, if you are following me on Instagram, you probably would know that Christmas came early for us bloggers whom were over at Clinique Christmas Carnival.

As we all know, Christmas is all about sharing and giving. Thanks to Clinique, I got to try some eye and lip products from Clinique which I'm going to share my thoughts on them with you today. Hopefully, it gives you some Christmas present shopping ideas on what to get for your girlfriend/wife/mom/aunt/grandmom/sister/girl-friend if you haven't already gotten Christmas presents for them yet.

clinique primer chubby stick lid smoothie lip smoothie

Clinique All About Shadow Primer For Eyes in 02 Moderately Fair

clinique all about shadow primer for eyes 02 moderately fair

What is it:

Skin-toned colour primer preps lids for improved shadow application and wear. Creates a neutral base that holds All About Shadow eye colour in place for up to 12 hours. Can be worn alone for a natural yet perfected look. In 4 shades from very fair to deep. Appropriate for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

Ophthalmologist tested.

Directions:

- Use the applicator to dab enough primer to cover entire eyelid, from lashline up to brow bone.
- Blend with fingertips to create a smooth, even canvas.
- Apply eyeshadow

clinique all about shadow primer for eyes 02 moderately fair 1

Clinique Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-hour Eye Color in 11 Currant Affair

clinique lid smoothie antioxidant 8 hour eye color 11 currant affair

What is it:

Creamy, crease-resistant eye colour wears for 8 hours. Instantly cools thanks to a unique applicator. Nourishing ingredients coax fine lid lines into a blanket of smoothness. Antioxidants help protect eye-area skin.

Directions:

Squeeze tube gently to release a small amount of colour. Use the cooling metal applicator to apply product directly onto lids. Quickly blend with fingertips before formula sets.

Tip: A little goes a long way—start with a small amount and build with additional colour as desired.

clinique lid smoothie antioxidant 8 hour eye color 11 currant affair 1

My thoughts:

Clinique Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-hour Eye Color in Currant Affair is a plum-colored cream eyeshadow. It has a creamy texture which is easy to blend with light to medium pigmentation upon layering.

The plum color doesn't really show up on pictures. It looks very natural in real life and I like the fact that its subtle enough for work on weekdays and yet it dresses up my eyes a little for casual weekends.

clinique lid smoothie currant affair swatch

Here's both my weekday and weekend look. Try spotting the difference!

fotd with clinique products (1)
Weekday look
 

fotd with clinique products (2)
Weekend look

If you are sharp enough, you probably realised that I curled my bangs and didn't have mascara on for the weekend look!

In terms of makeup, you will never catch me without the basics on weekdays -

1) BB cream,
2) Blusher (I'm currently on this cream blusher which is freaking awesome! Will blog about it in another post),
3) Lip product (usually a lip stain or lip gloss) and mascara (to help open my small eyes).

Just like how I'm obsessed in finding out about new or the best base makeup products be it make up base, foundation, BB cream or CC cream, I love my blushers and lip products too. When Charissa told me that Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color is really amazing, I knew I had to put it on the top of my to try list.   

Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color in 01 Fig-a-licious

clinique vitamin c lip smoothie antioxidant lip color 01 fig a licious

What is it:

Contains the best ingredients, like Vitamin C and powered up antioxidants so lips look and feel their healthy best. This is your recommended daily dose of lusciousness. Brushes on luscious colour and shine in juicy, moisture-rich blends.

Directions:

- For first time use prime brush with colour by twisting barrel several times until product appears.
- Subsequent application requires only 3-4 twists.
- Apply colour to center of lips.
- Use brush tip to outline lips.

clinique vitamin c lip smoothie antioxidant lip color 01 fig a licious 1

My thoughts:

For a lipgloss, I think that Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color in 01 Fig-a-licious is rather moisturizing and I like how it doesn't sink into my lip lines.

Fig-a-licious is a MLBB color which looks natural yet there's a subtle hint of color, not too overpowering.


clinique vitamin c lip smoothie figalicious swatch
Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color Figalicious swatch

Here's an FOTD of how Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color in 01 Fig-a-licious looks like on me.

fotd with clinique vitamin c lip smoothie antioxidant lip color figalicious

I like how the brush applicator allow applying of Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color to be so easy and neat.

SAM_8193

The downside of Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color is that in order to get the product out, you have to twist the bottom. You have to be really patient when it comes to dispensing product from Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color as sometimes no product comes out despite twisting the bottom a couple of times and before you know it, more product than needed comes out.

In terms of stickiness, I think Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color is still pretty acceptable for me. You can press your lips together and bring them apart without feeling too much stickiness but if the wind comes in your way and your hair is not pulled up in a ponytail, the tendency of your hair sticking on your lips is rather high.

In terms of lasting power, it lasts me well from morning to afternoon before I tuck in to lunch.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in 06 Roomiest Rose

clinique chubby stick intense 06 roomiest rose

What is it:

Moderate to full coverage.

Tempt lips with a soft cushion of colour that's not quite sheer, not quite opaque-just the perfect happy medium. Loaded with mango and shea butters so lips feel comfortably soft and smooth. Eight vibrant shades in all.

Directions:

Apply directly to lips. For subtle definition outline lips first, then fill in with natural-looking colour. Never needs sharpening: simply swivel up to reveal more lip colour balm.

clinique chubby stick intense 06 roomiest rose 1

My thoughts:

I think that Clinique Chubby Stick Intense has very good color payoff - medium to highly pigmented which is considered excellent for a balm-like product.

clinique chubby stick intense roomiest rose swatch
Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Roomiest Rose swatch


I like how Clinique Chubby Stick Intense glide onto my lips without any tugging. It is quite moisturizing and it lasts me for a good 4-5 hours (from morning to before lunch) before the need to reapply only because after I had lunch.

I also like how no sharpening is required - just twist the base to get more product out.

Here's a picture of me wearing Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Roomiest Rose.

xpect studio orchard international building review (24)

Although it is suggested on Clinique's website to outline your lips first with Chubby Stick before filling in your entire lip, I prefer to fill in my inner lips first, followed by gently outlining my lips to achieve the Korean 'just-bitten' lip makeup look.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Roomiest Rose looks more dressed up when worn as compared to Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color. If you were to ask me which is more moisturizing on the lips between Clinique Chubby Stick Intense and Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color, I say.. its the latter.

I love both of them actually and I think they look best when worn together - Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color in Fig-a-licious layered on top of Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Roomiest Rose.
Here's how they look like when worn together.

fotd with clinique products (2)

fotd with clinique products (1)

Before I end this post, I thought that I would share with you lovelies some amazing beauty deals that Clinique have for you this Christmas.

15327_holiday_box_tree-V7 Lores
Here are my picks -

whole lotta candy collection $39
Whole Lotta Candy Collection, $39

solar sun care set $34
Solar Sun Care Kit, $34


quickliner for eyes intense $45
Quickliner for Eyes Intense, $45

power lashes $45
Power Lashes, $45

more than moisture set $75
More than Moisture Holiday Set, $75

moisture favourites $75
Moisture Favourites, $75

lips to go collection $39
Lips To Go Collection, $39

even better clinical $143
Even Better Clinical, $143


chubby kissy collection $52
Chubby Kissy Collection, $52

 I hope you like this post. Thanks for reading.

Love,
Patricia


-------------------- CONNECT WITH --------------------

Google Friend Connect Twitter @yongwei318 Instagram @yongwei318 Google+ SweetestSins Facebook page SweetestSins

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook