How i disinfect my Parklon mat

Friday, April 24, 2020


I was very excited when Baby See's playmat arrived. I wanted him to be able to use it as soon as possible to do tummy time. In order to do that, I had to disinfect it first. I was very concerned on what could be used to disinfect it as I read that certain products would make the mat peel and tear. Thus, I asked around and googled on how to clean Parklon playmat before the first use. I had several options - to wipe it down with just plain water, to use a disinfectant spray that is safe for babies, dilute dettol with water or baking soda with white vinegar mixture. One of the website even suggested mopping it like how they mop the yoga mats in yoga studios.

Read on to find out how I disinfect Parklon playmat before the first use.


As Parklon playmat is double-sided and I wanted to clean both sides, I hung it up on a laundry pole.


Then, I sprayed babySWIPE Baby Nursery and Toy Disinfectant Cleanser on a microfibre cleaning cloth and clean it thoroughly and let it air-dry before flipping the playmat to the other side to clean it. 



We usually let Baby See practice his tummy time on the side with the animals because it is colourful and he love the colours. On occasions when there is Baby See's spit up or saliva on his playmat, I will use a wet wipe to clean it first before using babySWIPE Baby Nursery and Toy Disinfectant Cleanser and a microfibre cloth to wipe over it. 

How to keep playmat


In between his tummy time sessions in a day, I keep his Parklon playmat by folding the two corners to the middle and the two corners together before keeping it away in a corner. 

I hope you found this post useful! As always, you can reach out to me by emailing me or sending me a DM via my Instagram.


-------------------- CONNECT WITH --------------------

Google Friend Connect Twitter @yongwei318 Instagram @yongwei318 Facebook page SweetestSins

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook